- BRITSH MANUFACTURING: The only Rabbit Hutches built in the UK
- SIZE MATTERS: Biggest 5ft Double Rabbit Hutches on the market
- HEAVY AND THICK: 10mm timber side panels and sleeping door
- KEEP PREDATORS OUT: Only 5ft Hutch with Fox Proof 16 Guage Twin-Weald wire
- STRETCH OUT: Largest sleeping area with arched divider
- MAXIMISE SPACE: Center wired panel for hanging Water Bottles, Hay Feeders etc
- EASY CLEANING: Removable door cleaning bar sweeps away waste
- PEACE OF MIND: Ramp with side safety rails + Ramp trap door
- PET AND NATURE SAFE: Waterbase treated (re-treat between seasons)
- GIVE YOUR PETS MORE: Run options available - increases playing space even more
- 5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE: 30 Day No Quibble Money Back Guarantee
5ft Double Hutch Dimensions
- Approx. Overall 5ft x 4ft x 2ft
- Hutch Foot Print: 150cm x 60cm
- Upper Sleeping Area: 560mm x 560mm
- Legs: 100mm
- Step up from the ground to the first floor: 140mm
Why Your Pets Deserve the Room and Space of a Double Hutch
A Double Hutch or Cage is a pet house with two levels, one on top of the other connected by a ramp or stairs. A double hutch is perfect for animal lovers with more than one little friend to care for.
A double will have twice the floor space of a single hutch yet still have the same footprint; perfect if the room is at a premium. Going up and down a ramp is also an excellent exercise for your pets.
5ft Chartwell Double
House your pets in a large ethical hutch
Animal welfare is one of our main concerns here at Home and Roost, and it’s why we offer some of the largest rabbit hutches on the market. Small animals like Rabbits are social animals enjoy the company of others. So, if you have more than one little mouth to feed you’re going to need a hutch that offers more than just a roof over their heads
This is why the Chartwell Double range is perfect for the responsible animal lover. Unlike other double hutches on the market, the Chartwells have a market-leading ceiling height and floor depth of nearly 2ft, towering over the competition. An important feature and one we’re proud of, it allows your pets more headroom – something shockingly lacking in other hutches.
For pet lovers who want to give the most to their rabbits
The huge floor space and high ceilings mean that your pets have all the room they could want. Your pets will love the fact that they have room to play, jump and hide. The size and weight of our Chartwell Hutches are also a significant deterrent against foxes and other predators. Be careful about promises of fox-proof pet houses, the best line of defence is always a large and heavy hutch. A large pet house such as the Chartwell Double will enable your pets to burrow down in the sleeping area which is located high from the ground and made from 10mm thick wood. This will increase the chance of predators being unaware and not tempted to attack.
A ramp is used to enable your pets to go from one floor to another. As well as a source of exercise, after a while the wooden ramp and slats will help keep your little one’s claws down. It’s also crucial at the end of the night that your pets are secure and out of the way of prying eyes. At the top of the ramp, there is a safety trap door fitted and can be shut and locked at night. Securing the ramp door will create two separate levels that can’t be accessed from each other, handy if you need to separate your pets temporarily.
Large doors mean easy rabbit hutch access
Although the 5ft Chartwell Double offers a huge amount of living space, cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore. All Chartwell hutches come with a handy under-door cleaning bar. Just twist the two toggles and remove the bar stopper under the front door. Then all you have to do is sweep the waste through the gap into a bin or container.
All Chartwell Double Rabbit Hutches are manufactured in the UK using 10mm Scandinavian Tongue and Groove wood for the side panels and the sleeping doors. The floors are also made from thick 10mm construction Grade WBP Ply Wood.
A wired central section on each level is perfect for hanging water bottles, toys and boredom busters. To prevent rising damp integral legs on the sides and centre have been designed to lift the hutch off the ground and ensure adequate air circulation.
The 5ft Chartwell Double is securely packaged and delivered flat-packed in two boxes. A pack including an easy-to-follow instruction manual, the correct amount of screws and a little special gift is also included.
- Why not add The Chartwell run to your purchase? It fits onto the front of this hutch and is an easy way to provide additional recreational space
- Rain-resistant hutch Hugger & Insulation Snuggler available and will keep your hutch (and your pets!) dry and snug, whatever the weather.
- Regular hutch cleaning will keep your pet healthy and extend the life of your hutch
- Apply a water-based wood preservative between seasons to maintain the durability of your hutch
- Always position in a safe and sheltered area in the garden
5ft Chartwell Run Dimensions (sold separately)
- Width: 1500mm
- Depth: 980mm
- Height: 710mm
5ft Chartwell XL Run Dimensions (sold separately)
- Width: 1500mm
- Depth: 1980mm
- Height: 710mm
• Dispatch cutoff time: 13:30 (Mon - Fri)
• 3 Day Economy (Mon - Fri): £6.99
• Next Working Day (Mon - Fri): £14.99
• Saturday Delivery: £29.97
• Local Collection (East Kent) Click for details
• Due to the current situation Next Day & Local collection are no longer available.
• Please see FAQs for more info