🕛 Order before 12:30pm to guarantee Next Working Day Delivery*
BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 28TH AUGUST
Please be aware that Monday 28th August is a national holiday, meaning that some orders may incur a delay. Any order placed between Thursday 12:30pm and Friday 12:30pm with our next working day service will be shipped on Friday for delivery on Tuesday. Any order placed after this time will not be dispatched until Tuesday 29th August.
🚚 Delivery Charges
Free next working-day delivery for orders over £99.99 to most postcodes.
Orders below £99.99 incur a delivery subsidised charge of £9.99 (next working day), or £6.99 (2-3 working days) for some of our smaller items.
All orders made on homeandroost.co.uk before 12:30pm within a normal working week Monday to Friday are packed and dispatched the same day. We use a Next Working Day courier service that delivers within The United Kingdom & British Isle addresses (non-mainland UK may take longer and will incur a higher delivery charge).
For example, if you were to order from us online before 12:30pm on Monday, we would pack and ship the same day for delivery the next working day, Tuesday. If you order from us over the weekend, your order will be dispatched the next working day, normally a Monday.
⏳ Making an order on a Thursday after 12:30pm
Make an order on a Thursday before the next working day cut off then we’ll get your order to you Friday.
If you make an order after 12:30pm on a Thursday, your order will be dispatched the next working day, Friday. Your order will then be delivered the next working day, which will normally be a Monday.
⌛Making an order on a Friday after 12pm or over a weekend.
If you make an order after 12:30pm on a Friday or over the weekend, your order will be dispatched the next working day, normally a Monday.
We are a member of the Made in Britain Campaign and manufacture all our wooden products in our factory in Kent; this means we don’t have to wait for the stock from other suppliers and can promptly get orders dispatched.
We will email you notifying you that your order is dispatched you will also receive an email from the courier that will be sent out with tracking details.
🏴Ordering from some areas of Scotland
We do everything we can to keep the delivery charges as low as possible, but some areas of Scotland are more expensive to deliver to than other places. Our parcels are normally very large and very heavy and courier companies will charge a premium for this. Please call us if you would like to talk to us about delivery charges to Scotland.
We use the courier services of Evri, DPD, DHL, and APC, all orders are tracked and a member of the household will need to be present to receive them. Orders can on occasion be left with a neighbour or in a safe place, this is down to the discrepancy of the delivery driver. A card indicating this has happened will normally be left and a photo showing the item and its location will be added to the delivery tracking.
Due to the nature of our products, orders to Northern Ireland can incur varying delivery charges. If you would like an item to be delivered to Northern Ireland, please contact us with your postcode and a list of the items you would like to order, and we will send you a quote for the delivery.
🎯 Collect from us
No time like the present, collect your order in person at the Home & Roost HQ located in East Kent and if the weather’s nice pop down to the beach and get an ice cream!🍦
- Please ring us on 01843 263828 to pay for your order over the phone and bypass the delivery charge. We will then gather your order and let you know when it is ready.
- Collections can be made between 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday.
- All collections are made at Home & Roost, Unit 3, The Hanger, The Loop, CT12 5DE. What3Words: skid.myth.surprised
🏝️ Non-Standard Extra Delivery Charges
DPD & DHL impose a subsidised extra charge to some areas of the UK, if you find your postcode in the table below please contact us and we can check your delivery charges with you.
|IV, HS, BT, KW, PA, ZE, IM, BT||£29.99|
|PO30, PO31, PO32, PO33, PO34, PO35, PO36, PO37, PO38, PO39, PO40, PO41, IM1, IM2, IM3, IM4, IM5, IM6, IM7||£24.99|
|AB31, AB32, AB33, AB34, AB35, AB36, AB37, AB38, AB41, AB42, AB43, AB44, AB45, AB46, AB47, AB48, AB49, AB50, AB51, AB52,AB53, AB54, AB55, AB56, EI, FK17, FK18, FK19, FK20, FK21, GY9, HS1, HS2, HS3, HS4, HS5, HS6, HS7, HS8, HS9, IM, KA27, KA28, KW0, KW1, KW2, KW3, KW4, KW5, KW6, KW7, KW8, KW9, KW10, KW11, KW12, KW13, KW14, KW15, KW16, KW17, PA20, PA21, PA22, PA23, PA24, PA25, PA26, PA27, PA28, PA29, PA30, PA31, PA32, PA33, PA34, PA35, PA36, PA37, PA38, PA39, PA40, PA41, PA42, PA43, PA44,PA45, PA46, PA47, PA48, PA49, PA50, PA51, PA52, PA53, PA54, PA55, PA56, PA57, PA58, PA59, PA60, PA61, PA62, PA63, PA64, PA65, PA66, PA67, PA68, PA69, PA70, PA71, PA72, PA73, PA74, PA75, PA76, PA77, PA78, PH15, PH16, PH17, PH18, PH19, PH20, PH21, PH22, PH23, PH24, PH25, PH26, PH27, PH28, PH29, PH32, PH33, PH45, PH46, PH47, PH48, PH30, PH31, PH34, PH35, PH36, PH37, PH38, PH39, PH40, PH41, PH42, PH43, PH44, PH49, PH50, PH51, PH52, PH53, PH54, PH55, PH56, PH57, PH58, PH59, PH60, PH61, PH62, PH63, PH64, PH65, PH66, PH67, PH68, PH69, PH70, PH71, PH72, PH73, PH74, PH75, PH76, PH77, PH78, PH79, PH80, PH81, PH82, PH83, PH84, PH85, PH86, PH87, PH88, PH89, PH90, PH91, PH92, PH93, PH94, PH95, PH96, PH97, PH98, PH99, TR21, TR22, TR23, TR24, TR25, ZE,||£24.99|
🏝️🏝️Non-Standard Two Working Day Delivery Zones
DPD & DHL have provided us with a list of postcodes that take 2 working days.
|Postcode Area District Description||District||Description|
|AB||36-38, 55-56||NORTHERN HIGHLANDS|
|EI (ZZ75)||ALL||EIRE (REPUBLIC OF IRELAND)|
|IM||ALL||ISLE OF MAN|
|PH||19-29, 32-33, 45-48||NORTHERN HIGHLANDS|
|PH||30-31, 34-44, 49-99||ARGYLL|
|TR||21-25||ISLES OF SCILLY|
☀️ Weekends & Bank Holidays
- Home & roost are closed over weekends and bank holiday weekends
- Orders made after 12:30 on the last working day before a national holiday will be dispatched the next working day, normally a Monday.
- Whilst we will endeavour to deliver as soon as possible after the holidays there can sometimes be a build-up of orders, these can sometimes create delays of at least one working day. If you’ve made an order just before or during a holiday period and have any questions regarding the delivery please get in contact with us HERE
💪 Can I collect my order myself?
Yes, we can have your order ready for collection from our location our address is The Hanger, The Loop, Manston Kent, CT12 5DE
📦 My order has been delivered but is missing a box? Do you send complete orders?
Sometimes delivery drivers make a mistake and leave one of the parcels in their van. We will always send your complete order, if your delivery is missing a box then it is most likely been separated in transit, If this happens your missing box will be delivered the next working day and lately to clear backlogs even at the weekends. If after 2 working days your missing box hasn’t been received please contact us.
🏴 I live in Scotland, which is in the UK. Why do I have to pay so much for delivery?
Some areas of Scotland and the surrounding Islands incur a subsidised surcharge for delivery and shipping costs are calculated at the checkout. If you would like to talk to us about your delivery address, and what you would like to order we would be happy to check the delivery costs with you. Please call us on us on 01843 263828
🎯 Why does my tracking email say The Hutch Company?
Home & Roost is the sister company of The Hutch Company, so please do not be concerned if your tracking information shows as being delivered from The Hutch Company, we are one and the same.
🗣️ I have received this message from my courier: “We’re sorry, but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender“
When you receive a dispatch email from us, it means that we have packed your order, booked it for delivery and are waiting in our loading bay ready to be collected. Sometimes courier companies like DPD, DHL or Evri will send you an email with the tracking link. Because it has yet to be collected from us the tracking says it’s still waiting. The tracking will update later that evening.
💥 I have opened the box and my order has been damaged.
We’re really sorry if your order’s been damaged in transit, we will do everything we can to put it right! If you have received a damaged part or parts please take a photo of the damaged and email us along with your order details and we will have the parts replaced free of charge. Turn around time is generally 1-2 working days on receiving your email.
📧 I haven’t received any emails confirming my order or delivery?
Sometimes our emails end up in your Spam or Junk folder, your email is most likely there, please whitelist our email address so you get updates from us in the future. A guide on how to whitelist email addresses can be found HERE
💤 Delivery Terms and Conditions, AKA The Boring Bit
- Unless stated all wooden products made by Home & Roost are delivered flat packed and will require self-assembly.
- All deliveries depending on size and weight are delivered by DPD Local, Evri, DHL and APC
- Same-day dispatch products are for orders placed before 12:30 on a working day.
- Bigger stock items can be delivered in more than one box and can be delivered at separate times of the day (Unless we contact you, we will always dispatch all of your orders together. So no need to worry about having different day deliveries)
- All deliveries require a signature upon arrival. Items can be left at the chosen address or with a neighbour if instructed by the customer at checkout. Please note that as soon as any items are left at the delivery address, the customer is solely responsible for that item.
- If the item is faulty, damaged or a mistake has been made with your order, we will be able to offer you a refund or an exchange within 30 days. This does not affect your consumer rights.
- In the event that some of the ordered products are not in stock, Home and Roost shall be entitled to provide partial deliveries at its cost provided this is acceptable to the customer.
- In the event that Home and Roost is unable to deliver the ordered product because Home and Roost itself is not supplied by its own suppliers, without culpability on the part of Home and Roost, Home and Roost may withdraw from the contract. In such a case, Home and Roost shall inform the customer without delay and propose a comparable product. If a comparable product is not available, or if the customer does not wish to have that product delivered, Home and Roost shall, without delay, reimburse payments made by the customer. Deliveries are free of customs duties within the EU. In the case of delivery in countries outside the EU customs duties, taxes and other levies that may apply shall be borne by the customer.
- In the event that supplied products are damaged en route, the Home and Roost customer service is to be contacted, where possible, without delay. As a result, Home and Roost shall have the option of lodging a complaint with the carrier or transport insurer regarding the damage. If the customer fails to provide notification of transport damage, this shall not have any effect whatsoever on the customer’s statutory guarantee rights.
- In order to fulfil customer orders, Home and Roost needs to pass on the customer’s email address, and if available a contact phone number to the delivery company authorised to deliver the goods. This forms part of the contract with Home and Roost. The customer does not have the right to object.
- Delivery charges are usually non-refundable but this will be reviewed on a case by case basis.