- DELIVERY: Flexible Delivery Options (Next Day Delivery Cut Off 13:30 Mon-Fri)
- BRITSH MANUFACTURING: The only Rabbit Hutches built in the UK
- SIZE MATTERS: Biggest 6ft Double Rabbit Hutches on the market
- HEAVY AND THICK: 10MM timber side panels and sleeping door
- KEEP PREDATORS OUT: Fox Proof 16 Guage Twin-Weald wire
- STRETCH OUT: Largest sleeping area with arched divider
- MAXIMISE SPACE: Center wired panel for hanging Water Bottles, Hay Feeders etc
- EASY CLEANING: Removable door cleaning bar sweeps away waste
- PEACE OF MIND: Ramp with side safety rails + Ramp trap door
- PET AND NATURE SAFE: Waterbase treated (retreat between seasons)
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE: Easy diagram assembly, screws, and a special gift
- Height: 1300 mm x Depth: 650 mm x Width: 1760
- Hutch Foot Print: 1755mm x 600mm
- Width (w/hutch roof overhang): 1800mm x 655mm
- Step up from ground to the first floor: 140mm
- Hutch Legs: 100mm
- Upper Sleeping Area: 560mm x 560mm
- Upper-level Internal Height 505mm
- Lower level Internal Height 525mm
Why Your Pets Deserve the Best and the Biggest
A Double Hutch or Double Cage is a pet house with two levels, one on top of the other connected by a ramp or stairs. Our Double hutches all have the option to close off the ramp at night; this is an essential feature as it will stop your pets from wondering downstairs making them a target for predators at night.
Double Rabbit Hutch must-haves
Creating a living environment for your pets with as lots of floor space and head height is vital for your pets welfare. Many Double Hutches on the market are too short and not deep enough; your pets should be able to turn around and stretch up easily.
A Double Rabbit Hutch will have twice the floor space of a single hutch yet still have the same footprint; perfect if the room is at a premium. Going up and down a ramp is also an excellent exercise for your pets!
The Biggest 6ft Double Rabbit Hutch on the market
Animal welfare is one of our main concerns here at Home and Roost, and its why we offer some of the largest rabbit hutches on the market. Small animals like bunnies are social animals and enjoy the company of others. So, if you have more than one little mouth to feed you’re going to need a hutch that offers more then just a roof over their heads
This is why the Chartwell Double range is perfect for the responsible animal lover. Unlike other double hutches on the market, the Chartwell’s have a market leading ceiling height and floor depth of nearly 2ft, towering over the competition. An important feature and one we’re proud of, it allows your pets more headroom and space to move.
Not all 6ft Doubles are Created Equal
The 6ft Chartwell Double Rabbit Hutch is for pet lovers who want to create the largest and most luxurious living environment possible. The considerable floor space and high ceilings mean that your pets have all the room they could want. Your pets will love the fact that they have a place to play, jump and hide. The heavyweight of our Chartwell Hutches is also a significant deterrent against Foxes and other predators. Be careful about promises of fox proof pet houses, the best line of defence is always a large and heavy hutch. A large pet house such as the Chartwell Double will enable your pets to burrow down in the sleeping area which is located high from the ground and made from 10mm thick wood. This will increase the chance of predators being unaware and then not tempted to attack.
A ramp is used to enable your pets to go from one floor to another, as well as a source of exercise, after a while the wooden ramp and slats will help keep your little one’s claws down. It’s also crucial at the end of the night that your pets are secure and out of the way of prying eyes. At the top of the ramp, there is a safety trap door fitted and can be shut and locked at night. Securing the ramp door will create two separate levels that can’t be accessed from each other, handy if you need to separate your pets temporarily.
Cleaning Your Hutch is Easy
Although the 6ft Chartwell Double offers a huge amount of living space, cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore. All Chartwell hutches come with a handy under door cleaning bar. Just twist the two toggles and remove the bar stopper under the front door. Then all you have to do is sweep the waste through the gap into a bin or container. The raised front section also means that you can leave your pets inside the hutch even as you cleaning your new hutch.
All Chartwell Double Rabbit Hutches are manufactured in the UK using 10mm Scandinavian Tongue and Groove wood for the side panels and the sleeping doors. The floors are also made from thick 10mm construction Grade WBP Ply Wood.
The Only 6ft Double Hutch with Fox Proof Wire
A Fox Proof wired central section on each level is perfect for hanging water bottles, toys and boredom busters. To prevent rising damp integral legs on the sides and centre have been designed to lift the hutch off the ground and ensure adequate air circulation.
The 6ft Chartwell Double is securely packaged and delivered flat-packed in two boxes. A pack including an easy to follow instruction manual, the correct amount of screws and a little special gift is also included.
- Why not add The Chartwell run to your purchase? It fits onto the front of this hutch and is an easy way to provide additional recreational space
- Regular hutch cleaning will keep your pet healthy and extend the life of your hutch
- Apply a water-based wood preservative between seasons to maintain the durability of your hutch
- Always position in a safe and sheltered area in the garden
6ft Chartwell Run Dimensions (sold separately)
- Width: 1760mm
- Depth: 990mm
- Height: 690mm
6ft Chartwell XL Run Dimensions (sold separately)
- Width: 1760mm
- Depth: 1980mm
- Height: 690mm
• Dispatch cutoff time: 13:30 (Mon - Fri)
• 3 Day Economy (Mon - Fri): £6.99
• Next Working Day (Mon - Fri): £14.99
• Saturday Delivery: £29.97
• Local Collection (East Kent) Click for details
• Due to the current situation Next Day & Local collection are no longer available.
• Please see FAQs for more info