- Choose At The Checkout When To Be In With Our Flexible Delivery Options!
- Now with thick 1.6mm - 16 Gauge Fox Proof wire mesh doors
- Thick 10MM Construction Grade WBP Ply Wood Floors
- Each separate level with their own sleeping compartment - No Ramp
- Deeper and Higher than all other Rabbit Hutches on the market
- Robust 10MM timber side panel and sleeping door construction
- Designed and Manufactured right here in the UK
A Double Hutch or Double Cage is a pet house with two levels, one on top of the other connected by a ramp or stairs.
Perfect for animal lovers with more than one little friend to care for.
A double will have twice the floor space of a single hutch yet still have the same footprint; perfect if the room is at a premium.Going up and down a ramp is also an excellent exercise for your pets!
6ft Chartwell Double Rabbit Hutch
Animal welfare is one of our main concerns here at Home and Roost, and its why we offer some of the largest rabbit hutches on the market. Small animals like bunnies are social animals and enjoy the company of others. So, if you have more than one little mouth to feed you’re going to need a hutch that offers more then just a roof over their heads
This is why the Chartwell Double range is perfect for the responsible animal lover. Unlike other double hutches on the market, the Chartwell’s have a market leading ceiling height and floor depth of nearly 2ft, towering over the competition. An important feature and one we’re proud of, it allows your pets more headroom something shockingly lacking in other hutches.
The 6ft Chartwell Double Rabbit Hutch is for pet lovers who want to create the largest and most luxurious living environment possible. The huge floor space and high ceilings mean that your pets have all the room they could want. Your pets will love the fact that they have room to play, jump and hide. The size and weight of our Chartwell Hutches are also a significant deterrent against Foxes and other predators. Be careful about promises of fox proof pet houses, the best line of defence is always a large and heavy hutch. A large pet house such as the Chartwell Double will enable your pets to burrow down in the sleeping area which is located high from the ground and made from 10mm thick wood. This will increase the chance of predators being unaware and then not tempted to attack.
A ramp is used to enable your pets to go from one floor to another, as well as a source of exercise, after a while the wooden ramp and slats will help keep your little one’s claws down. It’s also crucial at the end of the night that your pets are secure and out of the way of prying eyes. At the top of the ramp, there is a safety trap door fitted and can be shut and locked at night. Securing the ramp door will create two separate levels that can’t be accessed from each other, handy if you need to separate your pets temporarily.
Although the 6ft Chartwell Double offers a huge amount of living space, cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore. All Chartwell hutches come with a handy under door cleaning bar. Just twist the two toggles and remove the bar stopper under the front door. Then all you have to do is sweep the waste through the gap into a bin or container.
All Chartwell Double Rabbit Hutches are manufactured in the UK using 10mm Scandinavian Tongue and Groove wood for the side panels and the sleeping doors. The floors are also made from thick 10mm construction Grade WBP Ply Wood.
A wired central section on each level is perfect for hanging water bottles, toys and boredom busters. To prevent rising damp integral legs on the sides and centre have been designed to lift the hutch off the ground and ensure adequate air circulation.
The 6ft Chartwell Double is securely packaged and delivered flat-packed in two boxes. A pack including an easy to follow instruction manual, the correct amount of screws and a little special gift is also included.
- Deeper and Higher than all other Rabbit Hutches on the market
- Robust 10MM timber side panel construction and 10MM Construction Grade WBP Ply Wood Floors
- Fox Proof 16 Guage Twin-Weald wire
- 1 inch by 1/2 inch vermin resistant wire
- Cozy arched divided bedding area
- Center wired mesh panel for hanging Water Bottles, Hay Feeders etc
- Removable under door cleaning bar to sweep away waste (no need to remove pets)
- Ramp with side safety rails + Ramp trap door
- 100mm (4″) Integral legs
- Aluminum barrel bolts
- Weatherproofed waterbased treated (recommended to retreat between seasons)
- Easy diagram assembly
- Tow run options available – increases playing space even more
- 30 Day No Quibble Money Back Guarantee
- Why not add The Chartwell run to your purchase? It fits onto the front of this hutch and is an easy way to provide additional recreational space
- Regular hutch cleaning will keep your pet healthy and extend the life of your hutch
- Apply a water-based wood preservative between seasons to maintain the durability of your hutch
- Always position in a safe and sheltered area in the garden
- Approx. Overall 6ft x 4ft x 2ft
- Hutch Foot Print: 1755mm x 600mm
- Hutch Roof Overhang: 1800mm x 655mm
- Interior Floor Space – Both Floors: 1700mm x 560mm
- Upper Sleeping Area: 560mm x 560mm
- Legs: 100mm
- Step up from ground to the first floor: 140mm
Worried about Delivery? Always be in with our Guaranteed Flexi – Delivery.
Saturday lunchtime? Monday Morning? Thursday Lunch Time? The choice is yours?
- 3 Day Economy: FREE
- Next Day Guaranteed: £9.99
- Next Day Before 10.00: £29.99
- Next Day Before 13.00: £24.99
- Saturday: £26.99
Orders placed are processed Monday – Friday 9 AM to 3 PM GMT (Excluding Bank Holidays). Cut off times for next services are 3.00PM. Next day and selected services are only available to Mainland UK address. Offshore or remote areas are shipped on an Economy + service that can take up to 4 working days.
Please provide a mobile telephone number to benefit from SMS delivery notifications. You will receive a text message on the morning delivery with an estimated delivery time.
- Free Economy Delivery only applies to orders over £99
- Delivery for orders under £99 is £6.99
- Economy + Delivery covers all Offshore and Highland areas and is calculated at the basket
You may also like…
Rabbit Hutch Essentials£1.95 – £7.94
- £5.14 – £13.77
- £4.73 – £11.97
- £169.99 – £239.99
- £119.99 – £319.97
Featured, Outdoor Cat Kennels